Frequently Asked Questions
+ What equipment is available at flex Pilates Studio?
We are a fully equipped studio with six individual stations. Depending on which location you are visiting, equipment stations may consists of a reformer, chair, springboard, mat, barre, TRX, and a multitude of props including but not limited to, jump boards, Pilates arcs, foam rollers, Magic Circles, BOSU, and handweights. Our Flagship studio in Cape Town is also equipped with a Cadillac (Trap Table) and Ladder Barrel which are generally used for Private sessions.
+ Why Equipment?
Though it may look intimidating and a bit like a torture device, we promise it is not. The Pilates equipment is used to add resistance and allow for a greater range of motion (ROM), both of which are essential for a great Pilates workout. We believe the increased resistance & ROM offers a more challenging and dynamic whole-body workout, making it easier to advance clients. If you have yet to practice Pilates on equipment, you haven’t experienced all there is to offer from Pilates. Plus, equipment classes are fun!
+ How do I reserve a class?
When it comes to fitness and administration, Flex Pilates believes in the “Work smarter not harder” philosophy. This is why we have chosen the most convenient, user friendly online scheduling system available. MindBody Online takes the admin work out of booking, allowing us the freedom to focus on you!
For detailed instructions on how to make a reservation, please click HERE
To register on MindBody, simply click on the "Register Now" button on the home page or visit MINDBODY directly.
Once you are registered with MINDBODY you can:
- check our "real time" class schedule
- sign up for classes
- cancel classes
- purchase classes & packages
- check to see how many classes you have left
- view your personal class history
- update your personal information
- add family members so you can share your class packages (not valid on monthly unlmited packages)
- download and use the MindBody App for instant mobile access. (Highly recommended!)
With us, there is NO waiting for a response! This is your schedule on your terms!!
+ How do I cancel a class that I have booked?
To cancel your existing booking, log in to MindBody and go to the "My Schedule" tab. choose which class you are cancelling and click on the cancellation button to the far right. you will see the class is removed from your schedule.
If you are using the MindBody App, you will click on the schedule tab then. From there you may select which class you'd like to cancel.
If you remove yourself from the class, there is no need to call or email us.
Please Adhere to the Studio Cancellation Policy. For details, see below under "Studio Policies"
+ I am new to Pilates, Do you require an evaluation or private session first?
We do not require an evaluation or private session before joining our group classes. We feel clients should be in control of their workouts and we have designed our classes to accommodate each level of experience. There are plenty of classes to choose from so please use common sense and pick one that is appropriate for your level of fitness. Visit the Class Info Page for more details. If you have an injury, restriction or are just unsure of where to start, please feel free to contact us for class recommendations and / or to schedule a private session.
+ What should I wear?
We recommend comfortable, form fitting clothing. This helps the instructors ensure your form is correct, and your body is aligned and engaged properly throughout class. Due to the nature of the equipment and it’s moving parts, we do not recommend loose clothing or jewelry and suggest you tie your hair up. We do not allow shoes on any of our equipment. You may choose to practice barefoot but we strongly encourage you to wear grippy socks. We have many options available for purchase in the studio.
+ How often should I come to class?
For realistic results, we suggest you take a minimum of 2-3 classes per week. Though we encourage any amount of physical fitness, you will see and more importantly, FEEL results if you can attend multiple classes per week.
+ What should I bring to class & what should I leave behind?
- Towel (optional)
- An open mind and positive attitude. We understand there are days where this is just not possible so we will do our best to make sure you leave class feeling better than when you arrived.
- Please silence your cell phones when you arrive.
- Please refrain from wearing strong perfume or lotions to class.
- Please save your body lotion or oils for after class. These can get slippery while on the equipment and it can become a safety issue.
- We do not have a childcare area.
+ Will my personal belongings be safe during class?
Rest assured, your belongings will be safe and will never be visible or accessible to anyone outside of the studio.
+ What payment options are available?
+ How do I download the MindBody App?
You can go to your app store and search MindBody or you can click on the link here. Download
Your MindBody login information is all you need to access your account via the App. There is no need to create a new login / password.
Read now to avoid disappointment in the future
+ Reservation Requirements
In order to guarantee your spot in class, we ask that you sign up prior to arriving at the studio. Classes are to be scheduled online or via the MINDBODY App.
If you happen to be the only person on schedule, please consider yourself lucky. This is the equivalent of a private session so enjoy the one on one time with your instructor.
+ Cancellation Policy
We have a 12-hour cancellation policy on all classes booked. MindBody allows you to see if you are within the cancellation window. (download the App) or log into your MINDBODY account. Other clients may be waiting for a spot to open up, so as a courtesy, we ask that you cancel as soon as you know you will not make it to class.
- A “late cancel” (failure to cancel 12 hours in advance) or “no show” (failure to cancel) will result in forfeiture of class and it will be deducted from your account as if you had attended.
- Recurring “no shows” (failure to cancel) will result in a penalty fee (at the studio's discretion). Your account will be placed on hold until the penalty fee is paid in full. You will be notified in writing before any penalty fee is levied.
** For Monthly Unlimited Contracts, clients are charged R150 per occurance for "late cancels" or "no Shows."
+ Late Arrival
- First time clients may not enter a class once it has begun.
- Returning Clients may not enter class more than 5 minutes after it has begun.
- Arriving more than 5 minutes late will be considered a "No Show"
Arriving late is distracting. These policies are in place to ensure all clients receive the highest quality of service. Thank you for understanding.
If a class is full, we encourage you to add yourself to the waitlist. The waitlist closes 12 hours before the start of class. If a spot becomes available more than 12 hours before class start time, you will receive an automatic email confirming you’ve been entered into the class. (** Please note, once you’ve been entered into the class, the late cancel and no show policy is now in effect).
If you do not want your spot in the class, please make sure you remove yourself from the waitlist so you are not automatically added.
+ Terms & Conditions
All classes and/or packages are paid for in advance and go into effect on the activation date. Please pay careful attention to the expiration date of your purchased package.
Classes & Packages are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Please enquire about family sharing.
+ Schedule Changes
Class schedules and instructors are subject to change without notice. Please be sure to check the schedule on our website or via the MINDBODY App for current classes & times.
+ Evening & Weekend Classes
- All weekend classes must have a minimum of 2 clients, otherwise the class(s) will be cancelled.
- Bookings should be done at your earliest convenience to ensure you don't miss out.
- If the class(s) do not have 2 or more bookings by 5pm the preceding day, the class(s) will be cancelled.
- If there is a cancellation, you will receive an email, however, we strongly advise you to check the schedule the night before your scheduled class.
- If your class has been cancelled but there is another class available, you have the option to book yourself into that class.
- All Weekday 7pm classes must have a minimum of 2 clients, otherwise the class will be cancelled.
- If the 7pm class does not have 2 or more bookings by 3pm the same day, the class will be cancelled. If you booked, you will receive an email, but again, we encourage you check the schedule before heading to class.
+ Privacy Policies